10 April 2008

The 'Strongman' PM Hun Sen Comparision Logic

Our Prime Minister Hun Sen was bloviating nonsense in his logic of comparing himself to the main opposition party Sam Rainsy. From Banteay Meanchey provice, PM Hun Sen critised that “If [Sam Rainsy] is still the opposition leader then I am continuing to be the prime minister….I congratulate you and you congratulate me. […] there’s nothing wrong. Don’t you ever say ‘Prime Minister has the same old face’ then what about opposition leader? [He too has the same old face] What do you have to say on that?[…] Don’t ever say ‘Prime Minister is the same old face and should be changed and changes we must’. What about yourself as the opposition leader. You’re the same face too. Why do you never mention it? “
I feel PM Hun Sen‘s childish comments was so low and sounded very desperate for him to have come up with this comparison. He needs to work on his logic a little bit or the schools who gave him the degrees might strip away even those honorary PhD’s that they have awarded him.

Mr. Sam Rainsy was never a prime minister. On the other hand among the world leaders, Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe, Than Shwe of Myanmar, Fidel Castro of Cuba, our Cambodia PM Hun Sen, is already known the world’s longest record holder in clinging on to power.

ខ្ញុំ វណ្ណះ
ពី ក្រុង​ ភ្នំពេញ សួរស្តី ឆ្នាំថ្មី​ !!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi I just came across your blog. I'm looking for my fellow Khmer bloggers, but haven't found many active ones.

miss_tda said...

hrmm what can i say, our khmer PM need more educations.

KJE said...

For a different view go to
www.about-cambodia.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Cambodia: YUON CRIMINALS ACTIVE IN PROSTITUTIONS(1/6

Documentary video, true

Khate said...

Only if he was a school boy, he wouldn't have said those words in public. Personally i don't like our PM speech.

Soursdey said...

I couldn't help but laugh at his comments. Does he ever listen to himself? what about his children who are western educated? do they never say anything to their father? they've lived in the western world, they've experienced real democracy..how can they just let their father carry on like this?

Anonymous said...

Country for sale by UK Guardian,

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/apr/26/cambodia

Very fascinating article, the last four, five paragraphs.

I can't imagine a leader of a country allows this to happen to his country and his people. I can't imagine those whose lands and homes have been taken away and I can't imagine those who do not want to miss the bus and get stuck when land speculation bubbles burst.

I am taking a quote from the article.

"Hun Sen believes that liberal democracy is unsuited to a country whose skills have been drained and demographics wildly skewed by the Khmer Rouge."

His "believes" and views show that he is ignorant and incompetent.

Mr. Vanak, I love your blog.
Sitha

Anonymous said...

I do enjoy reading in your blog. keep up the good work bro!

Blog By Khmer said...

Sorry I haven't been in the internet for a while.

I wish our Cambodia could have a law to de-select or vote to overthrow incompetent leaders. I think as in America I read that the term is 'impeach'. Please correct me if I'm wrong. This would be a good law -- so that no single person would have the sole ultimate power.

Thank you all for the overwhelming comments. All your compliments make me want to write more.

Vanak.
PP

Khmerchica209 said...

Don't worry I'll be visiting cambodia soon. Wow, most people think u live in australia. Amazing. Well, it because the way you write is really good.Well, I talk to you soon.
take care.

Anonymous said...

Our PM has a great sense of humour.
He is a man, not a saint. Anyone please show me who is the perfect guy in Cambodia. And also tell me why you think your guy is the best. Yuon has the worldly well-known Suma Ching Hai, Zen master Thich Nhat Hanh, and so many other scientists. Do we have any? So why we expect so high?

Anonymous said...

This is what we get when an individual stays in power too long. Power makes people corrupt, arrogant, and out of touch with the people and nation. At the moment Hun Sen is the king he can say anything and those around him just listen kowtow.....even his fart smells like perfume to those around him. God bless Cambodia.

Anonymous said...

This is the first time I read Khmer's blog. It is so interesting and the blogger has good English.